Managing stress is key when it comes to getting healthy and losing weight. You can’t heal in a state of stress! That doesn’t even make sense. Because of that, I’m always looking for healthy, effective stress management strategies and recently, I’ve become enamored with CBD!
When CBD first appeared in the health and wellness space, I totally thought it was just another way to get high – something that did not appeal to me. And boy, was I wrong.
CBD (also known as cannabidiol) is actually a safe, natural way to support the body’s endocannabinoid system, which regulates mood, metabolism, pain, and more. Studies show CBD can reduce anxiety and depression, chronic pain, inflammation, and more.
As such, CBD is now a regular part of my stress management practice!
CBD can be intimidating if you’re new to it, but it doesn’t have to be. That’s why I’ve created these 4-ingredient Chocolate Hazelnut CBD Dessert Balls! Not only are they a simple, delicious, healthy treat, but they’ll reduce your anxiety and help you feel calm, relaxed, and peaceful!
FROM JUDGMENT TO BELIEF: MY JOURNEY WITH CBD
As I said, when CBD first appeared on the health and wellness scene, I rolled my eyes. All I knew about CBD back then was that it’s a product of the cannabis plant, so I assumed it was another way to get high. Because of these unfounded assumptions, I avoided it for the longest time!
Fast forward a couple of years and CBD started popping up in the Paleo world. Paleo Magazine wrote a feature on CBD, some of my favorite bloggers were writing about it, and then, PaleoFX 2018 had not one, but at least two different CBD vendors.
At that time, I also began hearing a number of incredible stories from friends and loved ones about how CBD has significantly reduced their chronic pain, inflammation, anxiety, depression, and more. In fact, I was blown away when a friend told me that regular CBD use helped her get off her anxiety medication.
So naturally, CBD caught my attention!
After asking a lot of questions and gaining a basic understanding of CBD oil, I purchased my first bottle of CBD oil at PaleoFX that year, and wow, was I glad I did! On my flight home, I had an anxiety attack (crying, starting to hyperventilate) and within 5-10 minutes of taking CBD oil, I felt much calmer. That was the moment a light bulb went off for me.
Though my personal experience spoke volumes to me, I’m always skeptical until I see reputable scientific evidence, so I put on my nerd hat and went down the research rabbit hole. The result? I discovered a multitude of scientific research about CBD’s incredible health benefits to back up these personal anecdotes.
I’ve now been using CBD on and off for a year. I take CBD oil to aid with stress and anxiety and I use a CBD salve on my psoriasis patches. Because of this, I’ve definitely seen an improvement!
So it’s official, I’m a CBD believer!
Now I’ve on a quest to learn as much as I can about CBD to correct the misconceptions and provide real, scientifically-backed information about this powerful healing tool not only for myself but also for my loved ones and my health coaching clients!
CBD QUICK FACTS
New to CBD? Here are just a few CBD facts to get you started:
- CBD can reduce inflammation, chronic pain, anxiety, and depression. It’s a neuroprotective. It can reduce cancer-related symptoms, prevent diabetes, and even increase heart health.
- CBD works with the body’s endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for regulating a number of bodily processes including mood, metabolism, reproduction, pain, and immune function.
- Some types of CBD contain THC (the chemical responsible for marijuana’s psychoactive effects) and others do not.
- Legally, CBD products cannot contain more than .3% THC.
- “Full spectrum” CBD refers to CBD that contains THC. It’s actually more effective than CBD without THC.
- Non- THC CBD is 85% as effective as THC-containing CBD.
- CBD comes in many different forms including oil, capsules, salves, skincare products, and even pet treats (just to name a few)!
- Both hemp and marijuana plants can produce CBD, however, marijuana-derived CBD is illegal.
- Quality matters! A recent study showed less than half of the CBD products tested had the amount of CBD claimed on the package – ridiculous! That’s why I recommend Kannaway Pure Gold CBD Oil for this recipe because their quality standards are so high!
- You can’t overdose on CBD
If you have questions about CBD, you don’t have to do what I did once and go to a recreational pot shop… not only did I feel extremely uncomfortable and out of place, but the salesperson knew next to nothing about CBD (palm to face). It was a horrible experience!
Instead, feel free to send me an email directly or leave a comment on this blog post. I’ll be happy to answers your questions about CBD, CBD products, how to choose the best CBD, and connect you with solid information!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST CBD DESSERT BALLS
CHOOSE A HIGH-QUALITY CBD OIL: Currently, CBD is unregulated by the Food and Drug Administration so just because something says it’s a CBD product, doesn’t make it true! Pretty scary, right?
I’ve become a huge fan of and brand ambassador for Kannaway’s CBD products because their quality standards align with my own values:
- They triple lab test each batch to ensure their products are free of harmful pesticides and toxins.
- Kannaway’s new labels include a QR code that, when scanned, will show you the assay report for that specific batch.
- They’re one of thirteen companies that is US Hemp Authority certified.
- Kannaway is the only CBD company listed in the Prescriber’s Digital Reference.
- And the cherry on top? Many CBD oils use low quality, inflammatory carrier oils like palm oil and grapeseed oil, but Kannaway uses MCT oil! I love that!
SAVE TIME WITH PRE-CHOPPED HAZELNUTS: In a rush? Purchase finely chopped hazelnuts instead of chopping the hazelnuts yourself. This will save you up to 5 minutes of prep time!
PUT SOME MUSCLE INTO IT: When coating the balls in the chopped hazelnut, take an extra second to gently press the hazelnut pieces into the ball. This will ensure they stay there instead of falling off later!
Chocolate Hazelnut CBD Dessert Balls (Paleo, Vegan)
A satisfyingly sweet and nutty CBD dessert ball featuring Kannaway Pure Gold CBD Oil, a premium, THC-free cannabidiol blend that can help balance the body’s endocannabinoid system to reduce inflammation, chronic pain, and relieve anxiety.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: Food Processor
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1.5 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tsps Kannaway Pure Gold Premium Cannabidiol Blend
- 1/4 cup Finely chopped hazelnuts
- Add Medjool dates, raw hazelnuts, cacao powder, and Kannaway Pure Gold to a food processor and blend for approximately 90 seconds or until mixture forms into a ball.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball through the finely chopped hazelnuts until evenly coated. Gently press chopped hazelnuts into the ball so they stay in place.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week. Enjoy!
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag me at triplepeakwellness when you post your CBD dessert balls on social media! I’d love to see your hard work!
This post contains affiliate links. I make a small percentage from the products I link to and I will only ever share products that I truly believe in and use in my own kitchen. I would greatly appreciate your support by using my links if you plan on purchasing any of these products!