Say hello to a delicious, healthy sheet pan dinner for two that takes just 10 minutes of prep! Adhering to the paleo diet, Whole30, and keto, this simple whole food recipe will give you a nutritious, satisfying dinner with a minimum amount of effort.
KEEPING HEALTHY EATING ON A BUSY SCHEDULE EASY
The key to eating healthy on a busy schedule is to keep it simple. Eating healthy doesn’t have to look like an episode of Top Chef, so don’t overcomplicate it!
One way to do this is to keep a collection of 10-15 quick and easy “go-to” recipes like this salmon sheet pan dinner that can be thrown together, even after an exhausting day at the office.
This strategy is a winner because it removes the decision fatigue over what to cook (the last thing anyone wants to think after a long day!) and sets you up with tried-and-true healthy recipes you know you can make! I don’t know about you, but I’m a lot more likely to come home and make a healthy meal I’ve made a million times before than deal with the stress of trying something new.
Bookmark these “go-to” recipes on your phone or desktop, print them off and put them in a binder – whatever works for you to make them as easily accessible as possible so you’ll actually use them.
When creating your own “go-to” recipe collection, here are some qualities to look for. Choose recipes with:
- minimal ingredients
- ingredients that are easy to find at any grocery store
- prep times of 20 minutes or less
- minimal instructions
- instructions that fit your skill level
- equipment that you already own
With a collection of straightforward recipes like this, balancing a homemade dinner and/or meal prepping with your time-crunched schedule will be a breeze. Plus, the few extra minutes you take to make a healthy meal will quickly repay you with improved energy levels, more focus
Here are some other quick and easy recipes to build your collection:
- 10 Minute Dinner: Ground Beef & Sun-Dried Tomato Zoodles
- On-the-go Breakfast: Protein Chia Seed Pudding
- 17 Fast Healthy Breakfast Recipes (20 Minutes of Prep or Less!)
- Pumpkin Chai Protein Smoothie
- 5 Minute Super Power Paleo Salad
For even more support, sign up here to join my newsletter and be notified when my next meal planning webinar is announced!
TIPS FOR MAKING THE BEST SALMON SHEET PAN DINNER
STICK TO THE INGREDIENT QUANTITIES: I’ll be the first to admit, I often increase ingredient quantities to get more out of a recipe, but when it comes to this recipe don’t do it! When I say a medium zucchini or 1.5 cups of brussels sprouts, I mean it. If you use your creative license to boost the quantities, your sheet pan will
CHOOSE WILD-CAUGHT SALMON: Wild-caught salmon has a better ratio of anti-inflammatory Omega-3 to inflammatory Omega-6 fatty acids (vs farm-raised salmon), plus a better overall nutrient profile. Farm-raised salmon, on the other hand, is more likely to contain contaminants and toxins.
USE A 10 X 15″ PAN (OR BIGGER): Size matters here! In order to fit everything on the pan and make this a true sheet pan dinner, make sure to use a 10×15 pan or larger.
Simple Salmon & Veggie Sheet Pan Dinner (Paleo, Keto, Whole30)
- 1 Medium zucchini, 1/4″ thick coins
- 1 Medium summer squash, 1/4″ thick coins
- 1.5 cups Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 Red bell pepper, cut into 1/2″-1″ rectangles
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp +1 tsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- 8 oz Salmon, divided into two 4 oz fillets
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Toss the vegetables, 1 tbsp of olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder until evenly coated and distribute the mixture on a sheet pan. Roast vegetables in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prep the salmon. Coat each fillet with the remaining 1 tsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and toss the vegetables. Move vegetables to the outer edge of the pan, just enough to make space for the salmon in the middle. Place the salmon fillets on the pan and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Distribute salmon and vegetables between two plates and serve. Enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. I make a small percentage from the products I link to and I will only ever share products that I truly believe in and use in my own kitchen. I would greatly appreciate your support by using my links if you plan on purchasing any of these products!